Water and Diamonds in the Desert
Kibbutz Gvulot (13 on map)
Once the site of an active diamond cutting workshop, Kibbutz Gvulot was one of the three kibbutzim established in 1943 on the then Egyptian border. To learn the history of Gvulot, is to learn how water was brought to the Negev. Visit the open air museum which vividly depicts their former frontier status, and see the original diamond cutting workshop.
Related story: Water and Diamonds in the Desert