Join glass artist, Cec, in her studio on Moshav Shekef (no. 9 on map), to learn the art of stained glass. Glass Workshops are offered for individuals and groups of up to 6 people. During the course of the workshop you will complete and take home one project.
Projects to choose from include:
- Flower with different centers such as ancient pottery shards, agates, crystals, fossils, polished rocks and glass, accented with copper and beads
- Bird with different centers such as ancient pottery shards, agates, crystals, fossils, polished rocks and glass, accented with copper and beads
- Small mirror made with a collage of glass and other items, accented with copper and beads.
- Hair clips made with glass and other items.
- Abstract suncatcher made from a collage of glass pieces & other items
During the course of the workshop, you will learn how to shape glass using a tile nipper, prepare glass with a grinding stone, wrap and burnish glass pieces with copper foil, solder your piece, and the final step of applying patina and a protective finish. At the end of the workshop, you will have a finished product to take home.
Learn about the different tools and techniques of stained glass, the different materials used, and how to work safely. Each participant receives personal instruction in creating glass art.
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum no. participants: 6
- Length of workshop: 3 hours including 30 min. demonstration and explanation
- Light refreshments served.
Note: The studio has a friendly resident cat. Be forewarned if you are allergic to cats.
The workshops, particularly suitable for families celebrating Bar or Bat Mitzvah events, are customized to meet the needs and requests of each family.
Cec's Glasswork Workshop Rates
1-6 participants: $65 per person
Workshop dates: Reserve your time and date. Only by pre-registration. Maximum 6 persons per group.
Click here to arrange your Stained Glass Workshop with Cec.
For the full tour, go to Rte 38 & 35: Caves, Crafts, Jewelry, Wineries, and Monasteries.